We have grown our offerings here at the farm to include a stay at our short-term rental called Honey Cove. Nestled in the woods just past the farm field overlooking the Indian River, guests will have the opportunity to relax and reconnect.
Whether you are looking to sit back and relax or get in your steps here are a few things that are available during your visit. Please note some activities are seasonal:
- We invite guests to walk the property and take in the sights and sounds. We are lucky to have a river, forest, and farmland to discover. Take advantage of an insulated, fully equipped picnic backpack available at the cabin for your own adventure.
- All cooking is done outside. Over the fire on cast iron, on the BBQ, on the smoker or in a high heat (pizza) oven. If you are interested, we are happy to curate a local food basket for you upon arrival. Our space is equipped with what you need to prepare your meals.
- Make your own tea station and kettle available.
- On a warm spring day…… tap a tree and boil some sap! Contact us for details.
- During the growing season, guests are welcome to pick available produce for your meal creations.
- Outdoor winter enthusiasts will love the trails and frozen river to snowshoe (2 pairs included), cross country ski, and snowmobile.
Click to read the Ultimate Ontario article " Honey Cove in Keene, Ontario: An Incredible Off-The-Grid Forest Retreat Which Showcases Local Cuisine & Culture"
Our Off-grid Glamping Experience:
As an off-grid operation, we power with solar, heat with propane, and offer a lovely outhouse experience.
What to bring:
- Water (drinking & dishwashing)
- Additional Fire Wood (Some fire wood would provided)
- Clean Bedding
- Fully Stocked Kitchenette
- Parking is at the main house. Guests should plan for a 6–8-minute stroll back to the cabin. The path can be a little uneven, please contact us if you have any concerns about accessibility.
If the idea of slow cooking surrounded by the sights, sounds and smells of nature interest you, we are your people! We currently offer cooking over the fire, bbq and woodfired (pizza) oven. Bring your own ingredients or purchase a locally/seasonally a curated food basket. Email for pricing.
Local Food Scene
We are always happy to share where to purchased the best locally produce ingredients to pick up on your way to the cabin. From beer, wine and spirits to locally grown meat, eggs, cheese and fruit & vegetables!